Wig Thread

PooP

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
I have one real life friend left who still listens to the show. He still isn't convinced Howard Stern wears a wig.

I asked him to send me a photo of another 60 year old man with jet black "rock star hair".

Here is who he sent me. Joey Belladonna form Anthrax

Joey-Belladonna.jpg

:giggle:

kvybr.jpg

I offer this challenge to you. Find me "another" sixty year old man with thick, black hair?

Honkey Donkey

AKA Hoakey Dokey - Half Man / Half Jackelope
2024 POTY
FIXER
The RG OG's
I never thought about him wearing a wig . He must dye it for sure . I thought he had hair like mine that turns into a big fro if I don't keep it real short. I'm 50 and still have all my hair . It's just mostly gray now, my great grandfather had the same kind of hair until the day he died. His name was Joe though . Not grandpa Saul .

TracyLynn

No thank you, please.
do you know one single person in your life over 63 that has jet black natural color hair? i dont think its even possible. its a wig.
I do, but he has a few grays in there too.
I will tell you as someone who has worked in a hair salon for many years there is no such thing as never. There are old people with lots of thick hair or mostly all dark hair. No absolutes. You'll always run into someone who will tell you about their father or grandfather who had/has whatever it is you're about to say isn't possible.
The main thing is, you can always tell when it isn't their own natural hair growing out of their head. It just looks "off"
Case in point...
IMG_0561.JPG

Howard Stearn

Around
Around
I do, but he has a few grays in there too.
I will tell you as someone who has worked in a hair salon for many years there is no such thing as never. There are old people with lots of thick hair or mostly all dark hair. No absolutes. You'll always run into someone who will tell you about their father or grandfather who had/has whatever it is you're about to say isn't possible.
The main thing is, you can always tell when it isn't their own natural hair growing out of their head. It just looks "off"
Case in point...
View attachment 13426
In your opinion, is he filling in with plugs or is that a full blown wig? Which I think it is.

TracyLynn

No thank you, please.
In your opinion, is he filling in with plugs or is that a full blown wig? Which I think it is.
Kind of neither. Well both.
A piece or a "wiglet" that covers the main bald area and then plugs throughout the thinning sides and back to thicken those up some to match. And bunches of plugs to blend and blur the lines between the piece and the real scalp.

Howard Stearn

Around
Around
Kind of neither. Well both.
A piece or a "wiglet" that covers the main bald area and then plugs throughout the thinning sides and back to thicken those up some to match. And bunches of plugs to blend and blur the lines between the piece and the real scalp.
Damn, that's a lot of work.

TracyLynn

No thank you, please.
Yeah eh? I always thought so too. When his hair was like at medium length in his WNBC days, that looked natural. But that Kevin DuBrow wig(Quiet Riot) looked so fake. I could swear it's almost coming off when he had a wrestling match back then.
I think he definitely has some kind of piece on top there. The hot shot Hollywood hair stylists told him that's what all the rockers were doing (and they were)

Problem is he still thinks it's cool (and that he's still-or ever was- a rocker) and it so isn't (and he's SO NOT) lol

Back