SofaQueue2

The F*ck You Guy
2024 POTY
110521534f8d0721aac40812e8f8d2fa.gif

knuckle_hedd

E Clampus Vitus
RAIDER NATION
2024 POTY
We have a guy with straight pipes riding with us. He was last in line. Nobody wanted to be behind him. He‘ll be wearing hearing aids in a few years.
That is the payback I guess. The group I used to ride with when I lived in California pretty much all had straight pipes and by the time we reached the watering hole we could barely hear what each other was saying. As I get older I don’t have all the things I thought were so cool when I was younger like rigid frame, loud pipes and open primaries

GatGirl69

Disruptive Lesbian
~~~ ALPHA A.F. ~~~
2024 POTY
That is the payback I guess. The group I used to ride with when I lived in California pretty much all had straight pipes and by the time we reached the watering hole we could barely hear what each other was saying. As I get older I don’t have all the things I thought were so cool when I was younger like rigid frame, loud pipes and open primaries
Dumb question. Rigid frames?

knuckle_hedd

E Clampus Vitus
RAIDER NATION
2024 POTY
Dumb question. Rigid frames?
No shock absorbers on the rear of the motorcycle so there is no suspension. They call it a rigid frame or a hard tail. The fun thing about them is if you hit a big enough bump at speed it can bounce you right out of the seat, so you have to hang on. They are also very hard on the lower back. They are popular with chopper guys because they just look cool.

knuckle_hedd

E Clampus Vitus
RAIDER NATION
2024 POTY
There is nothing funnier than hearing all this insane noise, all kinds of gear shifting, revving and popping, only to look up and see a harley doing 27 miles an hour.
Chances are much better than not that you won’t run over them due to inattention.

Lazy Bastard

I GET TO CHOOSE WHICH 18 HOURS A DAY I WORK!
2024 POTY
The choppers look cool, but wouldn't they kill your arms after riding for a while?

Longshoreman

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
Chances are much better than not that you won’t run over them due to inattention.

I think thats an faulty assumption, besides the the exhaust pipe facing the wrong way - in a car you really dont draw a spatial awareness of a noise coming up on you.
You see this especially on the parkway with road noise, the radio, AC or heat, where you don't hear a harley until it's almost right next to you or actually passing you.

knuckle_hedd

E Clampus Vitus
RAIDER NATION
2024 POTY
I think thats an faulty assumption, besides the the exhaust pipe facing the wrong way - in a car you really dont draw a spatial awareness of a noise coming up on you.
You see this especially on the parkway with road noise, the radio, AC or heat, where you don't hear a harley until it's almost right next to you or actually passing you.
point taken, but having been around them all my life both riding on them and driving next to them, motorcyclists don't get hit by cars unless they are right next to them or very close proximity. cars a block away aren't as much of a threat as the kid next to me with his woofers woofing changing lanes without checking his blind spot...respectfully...i stand by my original claim

Back