David Gilmour goes Wolfie.. so don't ask him to play the hits

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
Legendary Pink Floyd singer and guitarist David Gilmour recently discussed the potential for a solo tour for the first time in eight years, to coincide with the release of his new upcoming album “Luck and Strange.” But while the set list isn’t set in stone, he has an “unwillingness to revisit the Pink Floyd of the ‘70s.”

In a recent interview with Uncut, Gilmour said that while he has no interest in playing Pink Floyd songs from the ‘70s, he would be more inclined to play the rock band’s songs from other eras.

Bukowski

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
Legendary Pink Floyd singer and guitarist David Gilmour recently discussed the potential for a solo tour for the first time in eight years, to coincide with the release of his new upcoming album “Luck and Strange.” But while the set list isn’t set in stone, he has an “unwillingness to revisit the Pink Floyd of the ‘70s.”

In a recent interview with Uncut, Gilmour said that while he has no interest in playing Pink Floyd songs from the ‘70s, he would be more inclined to play the rock band’s songs from other eras.

No Thank You Reaction GIF

aggo

Wanna go fool around with some waffles?
2024 POTY

Who cares? What does that old sourpuss Roger Waters think of all these campus protests?

roger-waters-pink-floyd.gif

Hough

In my SafeSpace
2024 POTY
Ppl can say what they want about all rose. He used to be a big asshole now he is out doing it and genuinely looks like he is having a great time in all the videos I have seen. These fuckheads loved by so many are so self important. They are spoiled children and they act like it constantly. They didn’t cure cancer or make the cripple walk. I will just continue to listen to their music and not think about them.

Thornton Melon

Call me when you have no class
Staff member
RUINER OF THINGS
2024 POTY
Told the story here before: I was on a plane from Boston to L.A. in Oct 2013, and quickly realized the rows behind me were filled with members of The Standells, who had played the World Series game the night before. (well, Dirty Water, because that's all anyone who isn't a diehard weirdo would know.) So we're talking dudes in their 60's, maybe 70's, and they get into a conversation among themselves complaining that all anybody wants to hear is Dirty Water and not their new stuff, even though Dirty Water is STILL paying their fucking rent. Musicians are hilarious.

slapped a yarmulke

world's greatest lover and a dancing machine
2024 POTY
I actually like a lot of Gilmour solo stuff. It can’t stand toe-to-toe with Floyd stuff, but it’s been consistently decent.
I agree with this 100%. Gilmour is probably my favorite guitarist of all time after Garcia, and up there with Michael Houser and Billy Gibbons. Not trying to say any of these guys are “better” than anyone else, I know they’re not. Just personal opinion.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

I Do Believe We're Naked
2024 POTY
I agree with this 100%. Gilmour is probably my favorite guitarist of all time after Garcia, and up there with Michael Houser and Billy Gibbons. Not trying to say any of these guys are “better” than anyone else, I know they’re not. Just personal opinion.
Gilmour has some of the best tone in music. One of those guys (like Garcia) who you can hear one note, and know who it is.

Listening to their solo stuff, it's clear that Gilmour and Waters needed each other to create Pink Floyd (I'm leaving Barrett out of the discussion). But, Waters' solo stuff, to me, is so much more forgettable than Gilmour's, who's catalog I think it pretty decent.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

I Do Believe We're Naked
2024 POTY
I agree with this 100%. Gilmour is probably my favorite guitarist of all time after Garcia, and up there with Michael Houser and Billy Gibbons. Not trying to say any of these guys are/? “better” than anyone else, I know they’re not. Just personal opinion.
You ever get into Daniel Donato? He's nipping at the heels of King Gizz and Billy Strings for my favorite new artist.

Anyways, here he is playing with Panic. Im not the hugest Panic fan anymore, Ive actually only seen a few shows since Houser passed, but I thought this was a great sit-in. He fits their mold quite a bit...

This is Donato's own work. I think you'll dig. There are some better videos that highlight his playing more, but I thought the snow was cool

Last edited:
Back