Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius can't out run prison beating.

Robert Higgins

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
He should be extradited to the US and star in a sit-com with OJ.

"Blade Runner & The Juice"

634.Oscarstorius.ReevaSteenkamp.jc.2012.jpeg

1067801.jpg

giphy.gif

Robert Higgins

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
He still got off easy. Even if it's bruises to his anus.

The Appeals Court in South Africa just recently doubled his sentence.

Oscar Pistorius’s Murder Sentence Is Increased to 15 Years

LONDON — South Africa’s Supreme Court of Appeal on Friday more than doubled the sentence imposed by a lower court on Oscar Pistorius, a double-amputee Olympic sprinter convicted of killing his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in his home in February 2013.

The case, evoking questions about racial fears and violence against women, transfixed South Africa’s tangled, post-apartheid society — and a broader international audience. Ms. Steenkamp, 29, was a model and law graduate, and Mr. Pistorius, now 31, had been an emblem of triumph over adversity after the amputation in his infancy of both legs below the knee. They had been dating for several months and became known as a celebrity couple.

After his initial trial in 2014, Mr. Pistorius, sometimes nicknamed Blade Runner for the curved prosthetics on which he runs, was sentenced for manslaughter, but that was later changed on appeal to murder. He was jailed for six years in July 2016.

Prosecutors said the six-year term was “shockingly lenient,” however, and they appealed. The Supreme Court of Appeal increased the sentence on Friday to 15 years but deducted the time he has already served either in prison or under house arrest, meaning that he faces an outstanding sentence of 13 years and five months. South African law sets 15 years as the recommended minimum for murder, but it can be lower if there are mitigating circumstances.

n his defense, Mr. Pistorius argued that he had shot Ms. Steenkamp by accident, firing four bullets through a bathroom door in the belief that an intruder had entered his upscale villa in Pretoria. Only when he smashed down the door, he said at his trial, did he discover that he had shot Ms. Steenkamp.

Prosecutors said he had killed her in a jealous fury after an argument in the early hours of Feb. 14, 2013.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/24/...atedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Zamboni Bill

"Hey, Ravelli!"
2024 POTY
The Appeals Court in South Africa just recently doubled his sentence.

Oscar Pistorius’s Murder Sentence Is Increased to 15 Years

LONDON — South Africa’s Supreme Court of Appeal on Friday more than doubled the sentence imposed by a lower court on Oscar Pistorius, a double-amputee Olympic sprinter convicted of killing his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in his home in February 2013.

The case, evoking questions about racial fears and violence against women, transfixed South Africa’s tangled, post-apartheid society — and a broader international audience. Ms. Steenkamp, 29, was a model and law graduate, and Mr. Pistorius, now 31, had been an emblem of triumph over adversity after the amputation in his infancy of both legs below the knee. They had been dating for several months and became known as a celebrity couple.

After his initial trial in 2014, Mr. Pistorius, sometimes nicknamed Blade Runner for the curved prosthetics on which he runs, was sentenced for manslaughter, but that was later changed on appeal to murder. He was jailed for six years in July 2016.

Prosecutors said the six-year term was “shockingly lenient,” however, and they appealed. The Supreme Court of Appeal increased the sentence on Friday to 15 years but deducted the time he has already served either in prison or under house arrest, meaning that he faces an outstanding sentence of 13 years and five months. South African law sets 15 years as the recommended minimum for murder, but it can be lower if there are mitigating circumstances.

n his defense, Mr. Pistorius argued that he had shot Ms. Steenkamp by accident, firing four bullets through a bathroom door in the belief that an intruder had entered his upscale villa in Pretoria. Only when he smashed down the door, he said at his trial, did he discover that he had shot Ms. Steenkamp.

Prosecutors said he had killed her in a jealous fury after an argument in the early hours of Feb. 14, 2013.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/24/...atedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article
I thought he was still on house arrest at his uncle's mansion. I remember them upping his sentence but I didn't think he was serving it yet.

Back