Leopard attacks German Shepherd dog, GSD fights back

fishysausage

Beloved chatter
Chorizo de Pescado
BLUE CHECK MARK
Southern California coyotes are kind of fearless and fucking ruthless..

They will lure a dog away only to have half a dozen of those fuckers jump it and fuck it up...

Hell it was in the news last week that a dude was walking his dog in LA a little dog granted but coyote just jumped them while they do was still walking him and killed a little dude
I’ve run into a coyote a couple times while walking my dogs in the early morning. My two big dogs outweighed it by 30lbs each and ready to fight and it just stared at us from 10’ away for a couple minutes before trotting off

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
I’ve run into a coyote a couple times while walking my dogs in the early morning. My two big dogs outweighed it by 30lbs each and ready to fight and it just stared at us from 10’ away for a couple minutes before trotting off

Yeah, be careful just remember coyotes will go for the jugular a dog won't..

G Canada

What do you do for a living?
BLUE CHECK MARK
There is no winner in a coyote versus dog fight you risk your dog getting maimed ...

No thank you
It’s not something I want. But some of my dogs grew up while I was still living on a farm. Coyotes around here are small. 30ish-lbs. They stand zero chance against 1,2,3 or4, 100lb dogs that know what they are doing. I’ve seen it first hand unfortunately, it only lasted seconds. No damage to my dogs. All a coyote is trying to do is get away, they know they are severely outmatched. I’ve also seen my dogs kill huge raccoons 40lb+ and a myriad of other farm predators. None stood a chance.

Please understand I abhor animal fighting especially nothing more vile than people who fight dog on dog. But on a farm, dogs have a job which is to protect livestock. Something some of them take very seriously. When you are breeding especially DDR shepherds, or the like, these aren’t your average city dogs. They are built to work. Part of that work is to protect livestock or lose the livestock. Chickens, goats, ducks, geese, turkeys, cows we had them all. Between mine and my cousins dogs(same lineage across the street). We had Very few predators.

Last edited:

G Canada

BLUE CHECK MARK
Yeah, be careful just remember coyotes will go for the jugular a dog won't..

This isn’t true, a German Shepherd kills by crushing the throat of other animals. Once they lock on they squeeze the life out and don’t let go. Pit bulls in my estimation are more likely to bite a person than defend against a coyote. Pit bulls are not smart dogs.

G Canada

BLUE CHECK MARK
:Cheery:

Since the late 90s I've owned a couple giant schnauzers both of them over 100 lb and a couple of German shepherds in the 70 to 80 lb range I have taught all of them to tolerate small animals...

My current German Shepherd has been raised now over the last 9 months with my friend's Maltipoo dog who is 12 lb soaking wet

I just personally don't like seeing the circle of life nor does it prove anything to have the laws of physics coming to play when it comes to the small animals
My dogs have all been raised with cats. I fucking hate cats, my wife does not. As I said, My dog was leashed and under control. This dumb as fuck cat attacked it, why ill never know. But probably like it’s done to other dogs without consequence. Shrieking and hissing, jumped on my dogs head. It was not “playing”. My dog went home that night and curled up with his best friend, like he always did. My wife’s 6 pound female Himalayan cat.

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
This isn’t true, a German Shepherd kills by crushing the throat of other animals. Once they lock on they squeeze the life out and don’t let go. Pit bulls in my estimation are more likely to bite a person than defend against a coyote. Pit bulls are not smart dogs.

I'm very aware how German Shepherds would kill another animal, most domestic dogs do not inherently have the kill instinct
they will fight but not to kill.. unless they have been trained to do so

Where a coyote needs to kill to survive

I can see that if a coyote were to wander into a dog's yard is instincts to protect its family would probably kick in like crazy then you would have a totally different scenario

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
I HATE raccoons.
They killed a bunch of koi I had in a little pond in my backyard

I had fish in my backyard pod and then one day a raccoon family moved in and just like that overnight all the fish were gone

But I should know better

G Canada

BLUE CHECK MARK
I'm very aware how German Shepherds would kill another animal, most domestic dogs do not inherently have the kill instinct
they will fight but not to kill.. unless they have been trained to do so

Where a coyote needs to kill to survive

I can see that if a coyote were to wander into a dog's yard is instincts to protect its family would probably kick in like crazy then you would have a totally different scenario
I’m not thinking you realize there’s a huge difference between country and city living. In the country the viable reason for dogs killing is to protect livestock. Nothing else. All the food you eat comes from a farm somewhere. A single raccoon or coyote, Will if left unchecked, kill countless chickens, ducks, turkeys , their young and all the eggs. In a very short time. So your choices as a farmer become to shoot them. Trap them which can lead to unintended animals being harmed or to have dogs deal with it. These dogs are not “trained to do it”, it’s natural instinct. if you take a dog out of the city, a “shepherd” or any “livestock guardian” dog will fight to protect their wards. It doesn’t happen over night, but it happens naturally because that’s what the dogs were made for. I really don’t think city people understand this way of life at all. Actually, That’s just been proven to me here without a doubt. Give it some thought. If you eat meat, it’s been protected on a farm.

It’s easy to have city sensibilities when you lived in the city your whole life. Country life and farming is quite different and something I believe you are unfamiliar with. It’s not some sadistic blood thirsty thing I’m working out. It’s simply life to me. Actually seeing it makes my skin crawl, as it should for anyone. I however l, understand it’s necessity.

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
I’m not thinking you realize there’s a huge difference between country and city living. In the country the viable reason for dogs killing is to protect livestock. Nothing else. All the food you eat comes from a farm somewhere. A single raccoon or coyote, Will if left unchecked, kill countless chickens, ducks, turkeys , their young and all the eggs. In a very short time. So your choices as a farmer become to shoot them. Trap them which can lead to unintended animals being harmed or to have dogs deal with it. These dogs are not “trained to do it”, it’s natural instinct. if you take a dog out of the city, a “shepherd” or any “livestock guardian” dog will fight to protect their wards. It doesn’t happen over night, but it happens naturally because that’s what the dogs were made for. I really don’t think city people understand this way of life at all. Actually, That’s just been proven to me here without a doubt. Give it some thought. If you eat meat, it’s been protected on a farm.

It’s easy to have city sensibilities when you lived in the city your whole life. Country life and farming is quite different and something I believe you are unfamiliar with. It’s not some sadistic blood thirsty thing I’m working out. It’s simply life to me. Actually seeing it makes my skin crawl, as it should for anyone. I however l, understand it’s necessity.

My family owns a farm with a 100 cows.. And live stock

G Canada

BLUE CHECK MARK
My family owns a farm with a 100 cows.. And live stock
How do they protect their livestock? If there’s another way I’m all ears? Unless in California you don’t have the predator problem we do. It only took seeing one chicken massacre for me.