Juicy Howard Stern Gossip

smartass

Banned from the Court for Constant Stern Bashing
ROCK STAR
Saw this from the other site...too good not to post...

There is a guy on Reddit who seems to have a friend who works on the show. His screenname is "ASiriusProblem". He's been mentioned here before. He has tons of great Stern Show gossip- many things he said happened over the last couple of years turned out to be true, including the firing of Lisa G. He broke the news on Reddit the weekend it happened. Here are some juicy tidbits:

Yes, Marci is dating Steve Brandano- It has actually led to complaint to Sirius HR over Brandano getting preferential treatment.

Jon Hein is unhappy and was suspended for a time from wrap up- "He bashes the show a lot. Bitches about the horrible booking of guests (this goes back 8-10 years worth of complaining) and lately it's the lame bits. He's resentful for the time his on air hosting privileges were taken away and given to Leiberman. This was done as punishment and him being briefly suspended for letting a conversation happen on the wrap up show that he shouldn't have let go down." Also, the staff resents Hein for contributing nothing creatively to the show. Here is another quote from

ASiriusProblem on Hein's suspension- "I was told it's because Katharine McPhee was on the wrap up show and someone called in asking about her banging Mary McCormack's husband. Mary called Gary or Howard screaming about letting the call come in and Jon not stopping the conversation. Jon H's hosting duties were taken away from him and the next day is when Leiberman started hosting it for the week. I heard Jon H just sat in the back office moping like a baby while Leiberman took over the hosting duties."

Chuck Zito has been banned from the show- "Zito showed up at the birthday show without an invite. Ross Zapin told the doormen and SIRIUS staff not to let him in. He even hid behind the door so Chuck wouldn't see him - he didn't have the balls to go out and tell Chuck why. Shortly after Chuck left, Ross and his crew were out on the street handing out tickets to anyone walking by."

The ban on talking to Artie is real- ASiriusProblem claims that a big meeting was held where Gary told the entire staff that talking to former staff members was not forbidden. This really happened, not just paranoia on Artie's part. "Apparently after the news of Jon H being suspended got leaked, the **** hit the fan and everyone was screamed at. Now that the news of Marci dating Brandano is starting to come out and that Marci is in trouble with HR, they are scrambling for damage control. I was told Gary is the one that did the threatening and everyone is terrified because they know that Howard is vindictive."

Scott the Engineer lost his space- "Kicked out of his office AKA the "Black cloud diner". Now has a small corner in the old TV room that he shares with 5-6 other people. Per Marci to separate him and Ronnie and to put him in line after he complained a lot."

Morale is at an all time low and people hate working there- High Pitch Mike and Tracy Millman both quit without having other jobs first because they were so miserable. There was a time on the show when no one would ever quit.

A bit of the story on why HTV went away with no replacement- "I posted this a while ago (will tack on some additional Marci info at the end) - I've been told this from someone involved with iN Demand / HTV: 1) regarding the budget for HTV, Howard took 95% of it and everyone had to make do with the rest. That includes salaries and money for shoots, equipment... 2) when the contract was ending, no one else wanted HTV. Howard and Don were demanding too much 3) Don ****ed up BIG TIME and missed a line in Howard's SIRIUS contract renewal from 5 years ago. It said that if HTV is not picked up or renewed, SIRIUS then owns the broadcast video rights. Letting that clause in screwed Howard and SIRIUS basically has him by the balls - that's why you still don't see any HTV replacement. The buzz is that Don messed up big time by not catching that line in the contract. Regarding Marci, she and no control over HTV, Doug and how he ran the ship with his employees and she didn't like that one bit. Everyone on the radio side is & was terrified of her, the TV guys from what I hear were not."

Codeine

OG GOLD STATUS
ROCK STAR
The RG OG's
Can't believe that little nerd Brandano is ****ing Marci but it seems that anything can go on now at the H100 & H101 Camp????

Sucks to think how Howard ****ed up such a wonderful thing called the Stern Universe. I miss the HTV Guys.

smartass

ROCK STAR
Can't believe that little nerd Brandano is ****ing Marci

Don't you think all the ladies want to **** this hunk of burning love????

8082-rs-04-06-09-steve-brandano_77493.jpg

TracyLynn

No thank you, please.

The ban on talking to Artie is real- ASiriusProblem claims that a big meeting was held where Gary told the entire staff that talking to former staff members was not forbidden.
I think you meant to say is "now forbidden" ? Not "is not forbidden" ?

Noodles

people of earth, how are you?
(=^x^=)
ROCK STAR
The RG OG's
Sounds like Jon got hit with a Hein.
Howard is lucky that he's got a bunch of bootlickers around him and that these are the only things that have leaked out. Juicy, yes, but hardly enough to fill the cup of tea that we've been waiting for.It's more of a dribble than a gusher.

smartass

ROCK STAR
Can't believe that little nerd Brandano is ****ing Marci but it seems that anything can go on now at the H100 & H101 Camp????

Sucks to think how Howard ****ed up such a wonderful thing called the Stern Universe. I miss the HTV Guys.

she's a ****ing nutcase anyway....a Tom Cruise scientologist. that's all you need to know...

YodaQuiversStern

1/1024 Biavian
"Totally Worth It!"
ROCK STAR
Waiting for some good Beth and Howard rumors, but I'm guessing this person doesn't have much to say since that all happens away from the studio. I just find it very interesting that every time Howard visits, she posts a pic of Sophia with the phrase "Daddy's home". Obviously, Howard visits once a week.

Robert Higgins

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
ROCK STAR
The RG OG's
A couple of things lead me to believe that most of this is made up....

Jon Hein is unhappy and was suspended for a time from wrap up- "He bashes the show a lot. Bitches about the horrible booking of guests (this goes back 8-10 years worth of complaining) and lately it's the lame bits.

Fillmore

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!

There is a guy on Reddit who seems to have a friend who works on the show. His screenname is "ASiriusProblem". He's been mentioned here before. He has tons of great Stern Show gossip- many things he said happened over the last couple of years turned out to be true, including the firing of Lisa G. He broke the news on Reddit the weekend it happened. Here are some juicy tidbits:

Yes, Marci is dating Steve Brandano- It has actually led to complaint to Sirius HR over Brandano getting preferential treatment.

Jon Hein is unhappy and was suspended for a time from wrap up- "He bashes the show a lot. Bitches about the horrible booking of guests (this goes back 8-10 years worth of complaining) and lately it's the lame bits. He's resentful for the time his on air hosting privileges were taken away and given to Leiberman. This was done as punishment and him being briefly suspended for letting a conversation happen on the wrap up show that he shouldn't have let go down." Also, the staff resents Hein for contributing nothing creatively to the show. Here is another quote from

ASiriusProblem on Hein's suspension- "I was told it's because Katharine McPhee was on the wrap up show and someone called in asking about her banging Mary McCormack's husband. Mary called Gary or Howard screaming about letting the call come in and Jon not stopping the conversation. Jon H's hosting duties were taken away from him and the next day is when Leiberman started hosting it for the week. I heard Jon H just sat in the back office moping like a baby while Leiberman took over the hosting duties."

Chuck Zito has been banned from the show- "Zito showed up at the birthday show without an invite. Ross Zapin told the doormen and SIRIUS staff not to let him in. He even hid behind the door so Chuck wouldn't see him - he didn't have the balls to go out and tell Chuck why. Shortly after Chuck left, Ross and his crew were out on the street handing out tickets to anyone walking by."

The ban on talking to Artie is real- ASiriusProblem claims that a big meeting was held where Gary told the entire staff that talking to former staff members was not forbidden. This really happened, not just paranoia on Artie's part. "Apparently after the news of Jon H being suspended got leaked, the **** hit the fan and everyone was screamed at. Now that the news of Marci dating Brandano is starting to come out and that Marci is in trouble with HR, they are scrambling for damage control. I was told Gary is the one that did the threatening and everyone is terrified because they know that Howard is vindictive."

Scott the Engineer lost his space- "Kicked out of his office AKA the "Black cloud diner". Now has a small corner in the old TV room that he shares with 5-6 other people. Per Marci to separate him and Ronnie and to put him in line after he complained a lot."

Morale is at an all time low and people hate working there- High Pitch Mike and Tracy Millman both quit without having other jobs first because they were so miserable. There was a time on the show when no one would ever quit.

A bit of the story on why HTV went away with no replacement- "I posted this a while ago (will tack on some additional Marci info at the end) - I've been told this from someone involved with iN Demand / HTV: 1) regarding the budget for HTV, Howard took 95% of it and everyone had to make do with the rest. That includes salaries and money for shoots, equipment... 2) when the contract was ending, no one else wanted HTV. Howard and Don were demanding too much 3) Don ****ed up BIG TIME and missed a line in Howard's SIRIUS contract renewal from 5 years ago. It said that if HTV is not picked up or renewed, SIRIUS then owns the broadcast video rights. Letting that clause in screwed Howard and SIRIUS basically has him by the balls - that's why you still don't see any HTV replacement. The buzz is that Don messed up big time by not catching that line in the contract. Regarding Marci, she and no control over HTV, Doug and how he ran the ship with his employees and she didn't like that one bit. Everyone on the radio side is & was terrified of her, the TV guys from what I hear were not."

Great stuff. But this person would not be dumb enough to do gunk directly. But a Deep Throat interview on the other hand...

Rob0729

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
ROCK STAR
I never bought that Jon loved the show as he portrayed on the air. I bet when he and Gary get together they trash Howard and the show. Gary has let his disdain for the show slip a few ties over the years. He has made several comments about the **** Howie and Beth give away kittens two hours.