SPORTS ~~ 2024 MLB Season ~~

Bagel Oasis

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
oof Texas is just thumping Dean Kremer. Wonder if his mind is totally focused with his family all being in Israel and his brother being in the Israeli army and all. can't be easy

Somali Joe

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
If the Orioles drop the game today in Texas, the American League East will finish the 2023 playoffs having gone a combined 0-7.

"If you extend it back to last year’s postseason -- when the Yankees were swept by the Astros in four games in the '22 ALCS -- the AL East has lost 11 straight games."

Cynlouwho

The Real Queen Bey
2024 POTY
Double-Secret Super Platinum Member
Not sure if they have been doing these with the other series, but these clips with no commentators, just stadium sound, are awesome:

I was so happy he didn't hit the corner of the wall!!

My sister and daughter were there last night. I did the drop off and pickups. The roars of the crowd in that stadium give me chills every time. Onward and upward.

BethsOats

What do you do for a living?
2024 POTY
Not sure if they have been doing these with the other series, but these clips with no commentators, just stadium sound, are awesome:

JFC I nearly shat myself. Can we not run Mitch Kimbrel out there again?

Lurch

What do you do for a living?
2024 POTY
Related to Craig Kimbrel? Used to be good 7th inning guy in Atlanta....like 10 years ago....i dont keep up with mlb like nba
It is Craig Kimbrel
He was making a reference to Mitch Williams of the '93 Phillies

Somali Joe

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY

"MLB owners voted overwhelmingly Thursday morning to approve the relocation proposal by A's owner John Fisher, CBS Sports reported. The team plans to play at a $1.5 billion facility on the Las Vegas strip in 2028.

The A's still have one more year on their lease at the Oakland Coliseum. USA Today reported an unidentified MLB owner said the team would play games in Summerlin, Nevada, home of the A's Triple-A team, share Oracle Park in San Francisco with the Giants, and may also play at the Coliseum while the Las Vegas stadium is built.

In June, Nevada's Legislature and governor approved $380 million in public financing for the 30,000-seat ballpark with a retractable roof. Still left to be determined is how Fisher would secure private financing for his share of stadium construction costs.

The move would mean the A's would go from one of the league's largest markets to the smallest market and the team would become the third professional sports franchise to leave Oakland in the last four years. The Golden State Warriors relocated to San Francisco in 2019 while the Oakland Raiders left the city for the second time for Las Vegas in 2020.

Las Vegas would become the fourth home for the Athletics, one of the original franchises of the American League. The team was founded in 1901 as the Philadelphia Athletics and in 1955 the franchise moved to Kansas City. The team relocated to Oakland in 1968."

Back