Might have to drag my ass out to the movie theater

Shithead

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
to see the....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...terrified-receives-rave-reviews.html#comments

Stephen King's brand new adaptation of the 1989 drama Pet Sematary has received rave reviews since it premiered at the South by Southwest (SXSW) film festival in Austin, Texas.

The movie, which is based on the author's horror novel, sees a family finding a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near their new home, which leads them to face a number of terrifying consequences.

And since it was screened at the film festival on Saturday, March 16, fans and critics have been raving about the movie, which is set to air on April 5, with many saying it it the 'best' Stephen King adaptation they have seen to date.

11184514-6826609-image-a-35_1553008459504.jpg

+12
Yikes! Stephen King's Pet Sematary has received positive reviews since fans saw the first screening of the horror movie at South by Southwest (SXSW) film festival in Austin, Texas

11186084-6826609-image-a-27_1553008043891.jpg

11184496-6826609-image-m-28_1553008047880.jpg

11184498-6826609-image-m-7_1553006649436.jpg

11184490-6826609-image-m-26_1553007973857.jpg

+12
11186080-6826609-image-m-32_1553008084043.jpg

+12
11186082-6826609-image-m-30_1553008063498.jpg

11184504-6826609-image-m-8_1553006656166.jpg

11184488-6826609-image-m-9_1553006662292.jpg

11184486-6826609-image-m-10_1553006668874.jpg

+12
Impressive: Since the movie was shown on Saturday, March 16, impressed fans and critics have taken to social media to praise the horror film

Many fans and critics took to social media to share their opinions on the long-awaited first screening of the horror film, which currently holds a 91 per cent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

One film critic took to Twitter after seeing the premiere of the scary movie at SXSW to say they thought it might just be the best movie Stephen has ever made.

User Chris Evangelista wrote: '#PetSematary is a f***ing BLAST. Holy s**t! I’m giddy right now. One of the best King adaptations to date!'

11184522-6826609-image-m-17_1553007303491.jpg

+12
Classic: The movie, which will air on Friday, April 5, is based on Stephen King's horror novel Pet Sematary, which was released in 1989

Another impressed critic revealed that they thought the movie was even more scary than the book.

Lindsey Romain said: '#PetSematary got me. it’s scary as s**t, it’s having tons of fun, it doesn’t skimp on gore, and it’s somehow even darker than the book. Really impressed and satisfied.

'If you’re looking for something artsy and revolutionary, this ain’t it, but it’s a solid as hell studio flick that is gonna rile up audiences and give them a great time,' she added.

Another Stephen King fan said that although she thinks the author - who is best known for writing horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy stories - has made several impressive adaptations, this one stood out for her.

Twitter user @xymarla said: 'There have been a lot of great Stephen King adaptations lately, but PET SEMATARY feels the most perfectly, specifically Stephen King.

'It’s just what I want out of this movie in every single way, and that includes SUPER scary. So crazy happy with it,' she said.

Perri Nemiroff, who reviewed the movie for Collider, took to Twitter to say: '#PetSematary is *vicious* and I LOVED it.

'Super brutal visuals and was thrilled to see Widmyer & Kölsch fully embrace the deeply unsettling themes of mortality from the book. And WOW Jeté Laurence. They really pushed it with this adaptation & it worked for me - big time,' he added.

11184482-6826609-Plot_The_film_which_some_fans_have_stated_is_slightly_different_-m-26_1553013024519.jpg

+12
Plot: The film, which some fans have stated is slightly different to the book, follows the Dr. Creed, his wife and two kids who decide to move from a busy city to a rural area in Maine

+12
Scary: Soon after moving into their new home, the family-of-four discover an old cemetery, where local pets were buried, in the land behind their house

11184518-6826609-image-m-20_1553007561863.jpg

+12
11184484-6826609-image-m-22_1553007596242.jpg

+12
Average: Despite receiving positive reviews from many fans and critics, some revealed that they were slightly let down by the movie, with some saying it was 'average'

Meanwhile, another fan who saw the movie at the festival over the weekend said the movie adaptation seemed even 'darker' than the novel.

Editor of Slash Film Jacob Hall said: 'PET SEMATARY: Did they just make Stephen King’s darkest book even darker? Intense, powerfully unpleasant and top-tier horror in just about every way.'

'Lots (and lots) of thoughts on the new #PetSematary to come, but for now, what I will say is this: holy hell do I respect how bananas it gets in the third act.

+12
Horror: Critics have been praising 11-year-old actress Jeté Laurence (pictured), who plays Ellie, for her acting skills in the movie

'Absolutely not what I was expecting AT ALL,' added Twitter user @thehorrorchick.

Despite receiving mostly positive reviews, some fans said they were slightly let down by the film, with some saying they thought the adaptation was 'average'.

Film critic and Twitter user @janaoncamera said: '#PetSematary is intense & super scary. I was at the edge of my seat for the most part of it. The directors got it right in the darker part of the book.

'And a big [round of applause] to #JeteLaurences's performance! It's a good adaptation but not the best one. I can use a sequel,' they added.

Kevin L. Lee, a film critic, said the movie wasn't scary enough for him, and that he thought it was 'very average'.

He said: '*Sigh* #PetSematary is very average. Good acting, sound design and production value. But it's never scary enough, never tense enough.

'Once the horror stuff REALLY kicks in, it's pretty much over. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wanted more out of this #SXSW2019.'

Pet Sematary, which will hit theaters on Friday, April 5, is an adaptation of Stephen's book, which was released in 1983.

The movie, which fans have stated is slightly different to the plot of the novel, follows the Creed family.

+12
Frightening: Pet Sematary, which has been described as 'intense' and 'super scary' by critics and fans on social media, isn't the first of Stephen's novels to be made into a movie

+12
Excitement: Pet Sematary, which is set to hit theaters on Friday, April 5, follows a number of Stephen's novels including It (2017) and The Shining (1980), that were adapted into films

The family-of-four decide to move from a big city to a rural area in Maine in order to live a better quality life and spend more time together.

The family consists of Dr. Louis Creed, who is played by Jason Clarke, his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and two children Ellie and Gage, who are played by Jeté Laurence and Hugo and Lucas Lavoie respectively.

Despite seeking a peaceful new life, the family discover a cemetery that was used to bury pets in the land behind their new home.

When a tragic event strikes the family, Dr. Louis turns to his strange neighbor Jud Crandall, who is played by John Lithgow.

From then onward, the family experience a 'perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences,' according to the movie's trailer.

And it isn't the first adaptation of one of Stephen's novels. One of the best known adaptations is It, which was released in 2017.

The scary movie follows a killer clown as he poses as a child and preys on children in a fictional town called Derry, Maine.

Similarly, a movie version of the author's hit novel The Shining was released in 1980.

Trevose

Poster Of The Month Club Member
2024 POTY
Not all about remakes. It if it’s good it’s good. Didn’t like the new “It”. And the tv adaptation to the “shining” sucked . The stand was good

lucy van pelt

Repeat the sounding joy
Around
I’ve never seen the original. I’ve been wanting to see this one.
You should watch it if you come across it on tv,it’s so 80s and the woman who plays the wife is a horrible actress. Funny story, I saw that movie when it came out with my boyfriend on a Sunday afternoon. We go to get something to eat afterwards and the little girl from the movie was there! She was wearing a jacket with the pet cemetery logo on it. We were like, holy shit! Lol

Shortwave98

A-Number 1
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
You should watch it if you come across it on tv,it’s so 80s and the woman who plays the wife is a horrible actress. Funny story, I saw that movie when it came out with my boyfriend on a Sunday afternoon. We go to get something to eat afterwards and the little girl from the movie was there! She was wearing a jacket with the pet cemetery logo on it. We were like, holy shit! Lol
Denise Crosby? Tasha Yar from Star Trek the Next Generation? :eek:

dfd6b307c6b3477584f4ec4df47750d6.jpg

Cookie

Has the job of a 14 year old
BLUE CHECK MARK
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
I can’t wait to see this!
I loved that book so much. Couldn’t put it down

TIgerLily

Meh, Whatever
Meh, Whatever
2024 POTY

Agree. All the acting was so bad.
I actually started laughing.
And Herman Munster was distracting (rest his soul)

lucy van pelt

Repeat the sounding joy
Around
I did too !
So much better than the original.
Idk who cast that one but I hope they never worked again.
I like the original for sentimental reasons, I love John Ritter and Richard Thomas, two 70s crushes!
The girl in the new movie was Amy Adams younger version in Sharp Objects, I loved that too.....

John Mahlin

What do you do for a living?
2024 POTY
Heard they're making The Talisman into a movie. That, along with Black House are 2 of my favorite King (along with Straub) books. I pray they don't fuck those up, but they probably will.

Back