It's official Sears and all it's employees jobs be around

xavier

LORD SNOT
Staff member
The Management
Wacky Sidekick....
Exclusive: Sears to ask bankruptcy judge for approval to liquidate - sources

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp will ask a bankruptcy judge on Tuesday if it can proceed with liquidation after it could not reach an agreement on Chairman Edward Lampert’s $4.4 billion takeover bid, casting doubt on the survival of the 126-year-old U.S. department store chain, people familiar with the matter said

Paktype

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
I always took my car to a Sears auto shop in Hicksville, NY. No idea where I’m going to go now. They always did great work.

Roland Schwinn

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
Around
Good! Corporate greed and capitalism suck!

DTBSNxgW4AEXbMl.jpg:large

Father O'Blivion

Preferred gender pronoun: His Majesty
2024 POTY
In my experience, Sears was always a store with good products, but terrible staff. I recall looking and looking for assistance, only to be told: "That's not my department".
Their tools were expensive, but good quality for the home mechanic. I'm glad that Lowes is going to carry Craftsman tools and honor the warranty.

PicoDeGato

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Titular Radio Gunk CFO
2024 POTY
Exclusive: Sears to ask bankruptcy judge for approval to liquidate - sources

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp will ask a bankruptcy judge on Tuesday if it can proceed with liquidation after it could not reach an agreement on Chairman Edward Lampert’s $4.4 billion takeover bid, casting doubt on the survival of the 126-year-old U.S. department store chain, people familiar with the matter said

monique

If I were kind and adoring How would that be?
The Management
Most Benevolent Dictator
2024 POTY
Sears rejected a $4.4 billion bailout offer from Eddie Lampert, the retailer's ... stores across the U.S. — along with the likely loss of 50,000 jobs.

Bob booey

Friend of the Court
2024 POTY
I'll say it again, I seriously thought they closed all their stores years ago. I had no idea they were still around or even open.
Their first mistake in their eventual downfall was when they stopped taking in old Sears tools for free new replacements. I feel like that doesn't get enough play in the story of their downfall. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I tell you how that pissed off every blue collar guy in the country. A trust was broken that they had with a very loyal segment of their consumer base built up over decades.

Then the crap they did sell you under the Craftsman name was cheap Chinese shit that was not returnable under their old policy.

OdetteTheSwan

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
I beat off to the panty section of that catalog many times as a youngster. Finding a camel toe was like hitting the jackpot.
http://www.retrospace.org/2011/10/catalog-15-more-sleazy-80s-catalogs.html

A while back I brought up the Catalog of Shame. Sears and JC Penney catalogs lingerie sections were familiar stroking stomping grounds for young boys coming of age back in the days before the internet. Indeed, you might say the Montgomery Wards bra section was a rite of passage for young lads of the seventies.... or you might just say it was a primitive 1970s wanking tool.

CATALOG+OF+SHAME.jpg

Back